Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 18, 2010

So I felt like doing this blog in a different color, and blue is an inspirational color to me, not quite sure why but it is. Today is the first day of my real diet plan, nothing to serious just trying not to eat out and eating healthier. Also it is the first day of me really pushing myself to start running and getting back into shape. I believe that it is going to help my mood and better my feelings about myself. I am so blessed to have a job where I am able to excersise with my clients, also helping my clients brightens my day. The day started out a little shabby I didn't want to get out of bed and was blah, but I am up and moving now. Tonight's dinner is nothing to complicated and I think I am going to pack it up and go eat it with the boy at the river, and maybe take walk there afterwards. I decided to put up the recipe for what I am cooking tonight so those reading can try it out if wanted. Also a team update I now have 7 members and one survivor walking with us. It is going to be amazing. Well here is the recipe of the dinner tonight.

If you are eating for one you just have to do one chicken breast.

What you will need:

1 chicken breast
1/4 cup of teriaki (or enough to marinade the chicken)
1 can of pineapple chunks
1-2 servings of rice ( I use white)
1 serving of spinach or brocoli
1 serving of salad (if you choose)
1-2 table spoons of brown sugar

What to do:

If you have time put the chicken in a mixture of the teriaki and brown sugar mix to marinade for the day in the fridge. If not you can marinade before you put it in the oven. Pre-heat the oven at about 350, and place the chicken in covered in foil for about 20-30mins. Then you are going to dump your pineapples in there and let it cook until the chicken is done. Next step is to start your rice, I use instant because of time crunch. Just follow the instructions on there. Now you can steam your brocoli or spinach, or even eat it raw that is your choice. I personal use the spinach as a salad, and steam the brocoli. Once the chicken and rice are done you can cut the chicken up and place it on top of the rice adding the sauce from the pineapple juice and teriaki for flavor and then put your vegatable next to it.

I am not sure how many calories it is but it is healthy and flavorful. So enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment