Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 19, 2010

Miles to go, people to see, thanks to be given...


Well I registered for 2 5K's in a matter of 36hrs. I am going to be solely walking a 5K this weekend April24,2010, San Marcos TX. This is not only a great way for me to get a feel of 3 miles without stopping but the money goes to a great cause. This 5K's proceeds are going to Race for Relief, which sends money to impoverished nations such as Uganda. I am looking for a walking partner to do this 5K with me. It won't be to hard. I am going to walk tonight in San Marcos to get a feel for the time that I need to be able to complete the 5K on Saturday.


Other than running things have somewhat calmed down for the moment, however I am thinking that I am in the eye of the storm because life is surely to get busy with everything that is due soon. As well all of the events that I have and work somewhere in the middle of all of this. It will be over soon and that is somehow bittersweet to me.


I am reaching the last few weeks of my final full semester of college. After May 11th I will only have 7hrs to complete to obtain my college degrees. I feel that is a life achievement so many years in the making. There are so many people that have helped me get to this point, My family are my biggest fans and my best supporters. They gave me everything that I have and have made me who I am. That sounds rather gushy I understand but it is true. Also through my 17 and half years in school I have made dear friends along the way who have helped me to this point. Those friends know who they are and I know I don't say it enough: "THANK YOU"


I will later give an update on the running and I hope to see my friends and family at the 5K this weekend. Thanks for everything out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment