Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A new job, home and a world with more birthdays.

I have finished my first week at the American Cancer society. I think that I am going to really enjoy my job and everything that it entails. I have a few more days of training and then I will begin mentoring, which will mean I am going to learn how to actually interact with constituents. I am looking forward to mentoring because the person I am going to work with is very funny and upbeat. I am also excited that I have my own desk and am able to decorate it. I think that the position will be great for me.

On another great note I was able to spend some time with a dear friend of mine. She was recently re-diagnosed with cancer. This past weekend I was able to go visit her and go to lunch and shopping. I am also going to be able to connect her to resources because of what my new job is. I am worried for her, and sad that I have to have another friend with cancer but I am optimistic and also allowing her to speak about it as she needs. I look forward to spending more time with her.

Michael and I also signed a new lease at a bigger apartment; we will finally have a second bedroom and bathroom. Our move in date is a few days before we have to be out of this place so it will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment