Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rain drops keep falling on my head...

I haven't blogged in a few weeks. It has been very interesting the past few weeks. I was told that I had to have my wisdom teeth removed so I scheduled myself for that surgery. A few weeks ago I was offered a job interview at Victoria's Secret. While I was in that interview I had the American Cancer Society call me for a phone interview. This was a job that I had applied for about 4 months ago and I hadn't heard anything so I had given up hope. Well as I was interviewing for the job with the American Cancer society Victoria's Secret offered me a part time position. I needed the money and Target had told me that my temporary position there was about to be done, so I took the Victoria's Secret job. All the while I was waiting to hear back from the American Cancer Society (ACS).

On Thursday the day of my scheduled wisdom teeth removal the ACS called me and offered me a career job with the company. I was offered the job of a Patient Navigator. I will be working with cancer patients and assisting them in connecting to resources for transportation, lodging, bill pay, and medical. I am super excited because I will finally be able to work and help people. I had begun to feel in a slump again because I was not doing what I truly feel my calling is and that is helping people who can't help themselves.

In other news I found out that a dear friend of mine is expecting her first child. As jealous as I am of her because I really want to be a mommy I am very happy for her and her partner I am sure they will be great parents. Plus I will have a little one I can spoil and then send home to them. On that note Michael and I have discussed starting a family after we are able to buy a house, so hopefully in the next year or so. I can't wait to be a mommy and contrary to what she says I am sure my momma can't wait to be a grandma...she will be a GILF (highly inappropriate I know).

So as of today I am recovering from 4 wisdom teeth removal surgery. I have lost some weight because I can only eat liquids or soft foods. I however do not recommend the wisdom tooth diet, it makes for a cranky Sabrina. Today was good because there was some rain that fell over North Austin, it wasn't much but it was so lovely to smell and hear rain. I am hoping that more of it comes we desperately need it.

I will start my new job on Monday October 3. I am looking forward to it, and looking forward to the adventure that it will bring. I am sure there will be stresses but it will be something to enjoy and have fun with.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love that you are blogging again! I am so excited for you about your new job! You will really be a good Mommy when the time comes! Enjoy lots of date nights and mornings sleeping in while you can though:) Keep updating, I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete