Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back in the game...

So it has been a long few weeks and trying also. I was doing exceptionally well with training switching days off between running and cross training with weights. However almost 2 weeks ago I sprained my knee, specifically the ACL, MDL, and meniscus. I was completely off my feet for several days. I did do Relay for life but on crutches it was hard. Once I finally got over my stuborness and went to the doctor I was put on no more than 2 hours of being on my knee for a week. This meant no work, and staying in bed all day. Not very fun, and also not easy to eat well. Needless to say I didn't eat very well last week and working out was pretty much out of the question other than the physical therapy I had to go through. So this brings us to today.



Yesterday I was FINALLY released back to work for full duty and I could walk fairly well without my brace. So now that I have been released for work I have to slowly get back into training, I am going start with yoga tonight. Hopefully by the middle of June I will be able to get back into training again. I have come to terms with the fact that I will run with a light brace on which won't be that bad, thinking about it that is probably what I should have been doing. So now that I am back in the game I am making a statement that I will start working out as much as I can and am going to eat better. Feb. 21, 2011 will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment