Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall, Fires, Friends and Lattes

I woke up this morning to a beautiful fall morning. I was able to open my windows and turn the air conditioner off, something that we have not been able to do since the beginning of May. I took a moment to sit and reflect on everything going on in my life and realized how blessed that I am. I am recently married to the most amazing man every who strives to make me happy and loves me so very much. I have a wonderful family who after everything that we have been through from near death to divorces to new babies we are still happy and thriving. I also counted my blessings that I have my apartment and am not in danger from the wildfires.

On Sunday morning through today (Sept 6). There has been a raging fire in Bastrop Texas. The fire has taken over 500+ homes and burn at least 30,000 acres of land. There have also been other devastating fires around central Texas. I decided that this morning I have been sitting around to long and today was a great day to give back. I gathered clothes that I do not need or do not wear any longer as well as towels that we have around the apartment. I also purchased food and water supplies to be distributed to the fire fighters and people displaced by the fire. I am praying that we get the rain that we so very much need to help extinguish these fires. Thankfully my family and friends in the area of the fires are safe. There have been some small fires that were quickly extinguished today around Northwest Austin. As of now we are safe and sound.

Today was also a day of reconnecting to a part of myself that I felt had slipped away. The ambition and drive that I prided myself on has been hiding it seems since the beginning of summer. This was around the time that myself and my husband decided that the job that I was currently at was not worth the stress and the lack of respect that I was getting. For a brief amount of time I was unemployed, and then began to work part-time at a retail store. I won't put names on here. Working at this place is beginning to take a tole of my moral and self-worth. I had also began to loose ambition and drive to do anything better. For whatever reason today I woke up feeling like there was a purpose for me but not sure knowing what it is. I still may not know what it is but through an old friend I think I might have found something that I can put my heart into, and something that will do more than just get me a paycheck to pay back student loans.

This afternoon I had a meeting with an old college friend about a marketing business that she is in. Just her excitement and the passion she had about this business and for helping others ignited something in me to want to have that passion. I don't know where this might go if I get into this business but I am excited because for the first time in a long time I feel that I might be able to do something great, something that might make a difference in someone's day. I believe that I will be joining Jenny Childress on her FHTM team and began making a life that pays and rather than just paying to have a life.

So much has happened to me in the past few months and it seems that there is going to be so much more happening. I am going to try to keep up with the blog more since I have time. Thank you to those that are close to me and follow all of my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment