Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A year gone

I looked at the calendar and realized many moons have gone by since I posted last. Here are some things that happened in the last year, I will slowly but surely write a blog about most of these separately.:

  • Pop had his bee accident and is doing well since it.
  • Got a job at a community mental health clinic.
  • Moved into our first place
  • Got married!!!!
  • Life in general.

Life has been a blur the last 6 months or so for sure but so much has happened in the past year and so much is set to happen.

The first life changing event actually happened on August 31, 2010 a day after my last blog post. My grandfather (Pop) decided that he was going to go over to our 20 acres and shred with his tractor. This is something that he had not done in awhile. While he was over at the land he noticed a bee's nest. He parked the trailer and tried to get away from the nest but he fell down. He was down on the ground for nearly an hour before we found him. That day happened to be my last day at Sheib so I had asked to go home early, and being able to was the small miracle that allowed my uncle and I to find him. Pop was in the hospital for 7 days with over 1200 bee stings to his face. He was in recovery for several months at home. If you saw him today you would not even know that this event happened to him. We as a family still count our blessings with him, but he is truly our superman.

Many other events took place over the past year including getting my first job out of college, and eventually realizing that was not the perfect fit for me and quitting that job. I also in this time got married and more to come on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment